NOTE: Hiking Hong Kong are no longer selling maps.
When hiking, whoever you are with, it is a necessity to have a map with you. Luckily in Hong Kong, the Survey and Mapping Office of the Hong Kong Lands Department offer a Countryside Series of maps that are designed to assist hikers and nature lovers in exploring the rural countryside, especially the country park areas. They are printed on Environmentally Friendly Synthetic Paper in colour on both sides and waterproof.
These maps are available for five areas of Hong Kong which cover most of Hong Kong:
- Hong Kong Island & Neighbouring Islands Hiking Map – Covers Hong Kong Island, Lamma Island, Tung Lung Chau and Po Toi, etc
- Lantau Island & Neighbouring Islands Hiking Map – Covers Lantau Island, Cheung Chau, Peng Chau, Soko Islands, Lung Kwu Chau and Sha Chau, etc
- North West New Territories Hiking Map – Covers Yuen Long, Tuen Mun, Tai Lam Chung, Tsuen Wan and Tsing Yi, etc.
- North East & Central New Territories Hiking Map – Covers Sha Tin, Tai Po, Fanling, Sha Tau Kok, Crooked Island and Ping Chau, etc
- Sai Kung & Clear Water Bay Hiking Map – Covers Ma On Shan, Tseung Kwan O, Grass Island and Ninepin Group, etc.
These maps are available at 18 locations in Hong Kong and you can now buy the countryside series hiking maps on our website at the links above. They are HK$85 online which covers postage and handling.
Below are the locations that you can pick them up at for just HK$63 each. The latest versions are 2014/2015. Keep them up to date if you can spare the cash since the trails do surprisingly change occasionally due mainly to landslides caused by red or black rain.
- Map Publications Centre, Hong Kong, 23/F, North Point Government Offices, 333 Java Road, North Point, Hong Kong
- District Survey Office, Hong Kong, 18/F, Southorn Centre, 130-150 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
- District Survey Office, Islands, 18/F, Harbour Building, 38 Pier Road, Central, Hong Kong
- Postshop in General Post Office, G/F, 2 Connaught Place, Hong Kong
- Map Publications Centre, Kowloon, 382 Nathan Road, Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon
- District Survey Office, Kowloon, 10/F, Yau Ma Tei Carpark Building, 250 Shanghai Street, Kowloon
- Kowloon Central Post Office, G/F, Kowloon Government Offices, 405 Nathan Road, Kowloon
- Kwun Tong Post Office, Unit A & Unit B, G/F, Bamboos Centre, 52 Hung To Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon
- Mong Kok Post Office, 1/F, Mongkok Exchange, 37 Bute Street, Kowloon
- Tsim Sha Tsui Post Office, G/F, Hermes House, 10 Middle Road, Kowloon
- District Survey Office, North, 5/F, North District Government Offices, 3 Pik Fung Road, Fanling, N.T.
- District Survey Office, Sai Kung, 3/F, Sai Kung Government Offices, 34 Chan Man Street, Sai Kung, N.T.
- District Survey Office, Sha Tin, 12/F, Sha Tin Government Offices, 1 Sheung Wo Che Road, Sha Tin, N.T.
- District Survey Office, Tai Po, 5/F, Tai Po Government Offices, 1 Ting Kok Road, Tai Po, N.T.
- District Survey Office, Tsuen Wan & Kwai Tsing, 15/F, Tsuen Wan Government Offices, 38 Sai Lau Kok Road, Tsuen Wan, N.T.
- District Survey Office, Tuen Mun, 5/F, Tuen Mun Government Offices, 1 Tuen Hi Road, Tuen Mun, N.T.
- Tuen Mun Central Post Office, Podium Level, Library and Post Office Building, 1 Tuen Hi Road, Tuen Mun, N.T.
- District Survey Office, Yuen Long, 8/F, Yuen Long Government Offices, 2 Kiu Lok Square, Yuen Long, N.T.